Monday, April 12, 2010

Interviews?

While I have had several informal interviews, I fail to have achieved formal interviews so far. It is not because I haven't scheduled them, but rather they have either been cancelled last minute or due to weather I could not get into the city. However, in these last three weeks, I have scheduled my formal interviews with some pretty amazing people who will have a lot of insight on my topic. I am really excited to continue to meet with people and learn more about the topic at hand. Picture wise, however, I really need a couple of days of concentrated walking. This is going to be expensive, however, because I will have to buy about 5 or 6 rolls of film for about two days of pictures, however in the end, it should all be worth it. Mr. Emery suggested I focus now more on people rather than the architecture, which I agree with. The one fear I have to get over is taking pictures people even when I don't know them. I either have to be extremely discrete, or just get the courage to just do it. Considering I am not breaking any laws, I don't see the reason to not be somewhat "nosy" with my camera. If this project is to succeed, I am going to have to conquer my fear of being seen.

While the interview aspect of this project has proved to be annoying and frustrating, I am confident that everything will turn out very well. What has helped me persevere and succeed so far is my hopefulness and my willingness to adapt. These last three weeks of field work will provide me with a time to compile everything I need, and hopefully developing this book won't take a long time. I need to research publishing sites, page sizes, etc., and really explore how I am going to design this book, which shouldn't take more than a couple of days. One thing that concerns me is my budget. I really need to think of cost efficiency, and how to save as much money as possible.

1 comment:

  1. You need to update your blog with posts from last week. You also need to include your time logs.

    ReplyDelete